(I) Mentoring Philosophy: Help students to build themself so that they can build their future. Independent thinking ability is one of the greatest achievements one can have. With my teaching/mentoring, I want to help students to think differently and independently. Mentor is a person who helps someone to see their bigger version. Mentorship is not about spoon feeding but supporting students to look in the future 5,10,15 years ahead and convert it into short term goals.
Strategy: Student Centred Approach
1. It's not about what I think or I suggest, important is how I can install their own frame of reference to look at specific situation.
2. My approach is to make student think independently and learn to collaborate various thoughts to get specific result.
3. Motivation isn't stay longer but strategic action plan will. My career vision always been to give strategic action steps which keep them motivated with small win’s.
4. I know the famous quote 'When you grow you are happy', so my total focus is on growing student in the that they should feel unconditional happiness way.
(II) Available Research Opportunities
We are always looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, passionate, and dynamic students work at the front of energy materials. Our vision is extending current knowledge in solar cell field using detail and depth fundamental investigation of semiconductors
For all other potential openings, as a Ph.D. researcher, postdoctoral fellow, and postgraduate student, please contact Sachin Rondiya.
You can find more funding opportunities and detail information here.
(A) Ph.D. Students
(a) Applications are invited from eligible applicants to join our group for Ph.D. program at IISc in the area of energy materials for developing more efficient clean energy devices. Please visit below link for the detail information of Ph.D. admissions.
Details of Ph.D. Program: [Click here]
(B) Post-Doctoral Researchers
Candidates interested to work in our group are encouraged to email PI (Sachin Rondiya) with their CV. Below are a few fellowship opportunities for post-doctoral researchers:
1. National Post-Doctoral Fellowship (NPDF) [Click here]
2. UGC D.S. Kothari Fellowship [Click here]
3. Raman postdoctoral fellowship [Click here]
4. IISc Institute of Eminence (IoE) postdoctoral fellowship [Click here]
(C) International Researchers
(a) India Science and Research Fellowship (ISRF) Programme: India Science and Research Fellowship is to provide opportunity to scientists and researchers from
neighbouring countries namely Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Thailand to work in contemporary research areas across all major
disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at premier research laboratories and academic institutions in India.
Details of ISRF Program: [Click here]
(b) C.V. Raman International Fellowship for African Researchers: Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Government of
India (GoI), through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) have launched the C.V. Raman Fellowship for African Researchers programme under
the India-Africa Forum Summit to promote human capacity building through scientific and technological cooperation between Africa and India.
Details of C.V. Raman International Fellowship: [Click here]